Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Op Shop Christmas Market Week

Op Shop Christmas Market


I've been thinking about this for a while and now testing the waters for interest.

I'm hoping to get at least ten op shops, charities or good causes involved in a week long Christmas market on my Facebook page.

How would it work?

I would need to be emailed pictures and information on five items from each person taking part.  It would need to include the following
  • Information about the op shop, charity or cause including links to websites or Facebook pages if any
  • A good description including measurements, condition ect of each 5 items 
  • The price wanted including postage costs and if pick up is also available
  • Details on how payment options e.g Paypal or bank deposit, I don't need details
  • No items are to exceed $30
  • All items must be preowned, no new items
  • All items must be in great condition
I would then offer them for sale from Friday 30th November 8pm Melbourne time for one week.

The first person to comment sold after this wins the item, they then get in touch with me via the page or my email and I can put them in touch with the seller for details on how to pay.

I will not be receiving payments for any items

Any items not sold after Sunday 9th December will be deleted and the sellers can sell via their normal way.

 

Sellers - Why take part?

  • Increased awareness for your charity from op shoppers all over Australia
  • Fundraising
  • Fun

Buyers - Why take part?

  • Shopping for a good cause
  • Shopping from home to avoid the Christmas crowds
  • Who knows what bargains you may find!!
  • No items will cost more than $30 (exc postage)

How do I take part?

If you are interested in taking part please get in touch with me at ilove2opshop@gmail.com or via the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ILoveToOpShop


12 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I can't wait to see it up and running! Woohoo! Kel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kel - hoping to see a good variety of things up for grabs :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, even more op shops signed up today. Hoping to get some pictures through in the next few days.

      I have added a page at the top just about the Crimbo Market which I will try to keep updated.

      Delete
  3. Really good idea. Taking op shopping to the next level. Hopefully there are lots of charities on Facebook who get in contact with you. What a great way to make connections and promote local charity stores. I'm sure everything will sell!
    http://refashioned12.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, may have to have an Easter one if it goes well :-)
      Thanks Refashioned

      Delete
  4. A multi-charity online opshop! This is brilliant and dangerous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a couple of weeks left and a few more photos to add. Hoping it is a success for the shops involved :-)
      Thanks Kelly

      Delete
  5. Not long to go now. Very exciting!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete